The Syme 55+ Board of Directors are extremely pleased that Kelly Montgomerie has accepted the position of
Executive Director of Syme 55+ as of May 15, 2019.
Kelly brings a breath of fresh air to the position of Executive Director. Many members know and appreciate Kelly
from her former position as Program Manager, where she listened to members needs and provided excellent service
with innovative programs. The Board of Directors are assured that she will bring the same enthusiasm and creativity
to her new position. We look forward to what the future holds for all Syme 55+ members, staff, committees, and
CONGRATULATIONS KELLY, from all of us.
Dates to remember:
Fridays 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- May 3rd Learn to You Tube
- May 10th Mothers’ Days Brunch
- May 17th Syme Pub Night Lunc
- May 24th Royale Le Page Square Team
– transforming your home through staging
- May 31st Welcome to Summer BBQ
- June 14th Fathers’ Day lunch
- June 21st Pizza & Movie
- June 28th BBQ
- June 10 start of registration for Summer Session in the office!
- Summer Session July 8 – Sept 6
- July 12th BBQ
- Fall Session Sept 23 – Dec 20
- Sept 27 Health Fair
The Board of Directors
The Syme55+ Centre is governed by a volunteer Board of 10 Directors. Each director is elected for a 2 year term. To maintain continuity on the Board, each year we elect/reelect up to 5 new directors. Each Director may serve 2 terms of 2 years duration on the Board and must stand for reelection every 2 years. Directors on the executive have the option to serve a third term of 2 years.